Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Post!

I turned 40 recently and I finally realized I need to take control of my health, so  I am starting on a new journey. My biggest (pun intended) problem is my weight.  I was a chubby child, a heavy teen and as an adult I have gained and lost more weight than I care to think about. 

So where does that leave me now?  Somewhere I didn't think I would every get to, but I now realize is the best choice for me.  I am working through the process of getting gastric banding, more commonly called Lap Band surgery. It was not an easy decision for me...why can't I do this on my own, why choose something so drastic?

Well, the fact I need to lose over 100 pounds, actually closer to 200 pounds.  Think about that for a second...I need to lose more than a person, not an easy task.  So I need help, as much help as I can get. Getting the band will be a tool that will (I hope) help me, but I understand I need to make changes to allow it to work for me.

So I begin this journey. Trying to learn as much as possible to make this journey a success.  It's not just about losing weight, it's about making myself healthy.  It's not a quick fix, this is a lifetime journey I am emarking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment