Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Things are moving along

So I've been waiting for a letter from my doctor's office with a list of items I am required to have done prior to them submitting to my insurance for approval.  I got it yesterday and the only think on it was the psych eval.  I've already got that scheduled for this friday, so hopefully they will be submitting to my insurance next week.  They have said it usually takes about 2 weeks to hear back from the insurance company.  That put's me into April before I can start scheduling all the pre-op testing/nutrician classes.

I am just so ready for this.  I have gone back and forth about how to treat this period of time before banding...do I binge on all the foods I won't be able to eat after, or do I start following the rules and try to lose as much weight as possible? 

I've decided that I won't go crazy, but I won't deny myself anything.  If I want cake I'll have cake, if I want those Girl Scout cookies I'll have them. 

However, I have started preparing myself for after.  I am trying to follow the no drinking while eating. That's tough for me, I never realized how much I drank during a meal before.  I've also upped my walking.  I've been trying to reach the 10,000 steps a day.  This is somehting I've been working on for about 5 months.  My baseline number of steps was only around 3,000.  I have increased that up to about 6-7,000.  Now my goal in the next month is to consistantly be at 8-10,000.



No comments:

Post a Comment