Monday, April 23, 2012

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...

So one of the things I started even before making the final decision to get banded was to count my steps and try to get the recommended 10,000 steps a day.  When I started about 5 months ago I was only walking about 3,000.  I upped that slowly and when I went to my first consult in March I was doing about 6,000.  At that point I made the decision to try to increase again.  Now I'm trying to actually get to 10,000.  Most days I get close, sometimes even go over, weekends are actually harder than work days.

Today I calculated how much I've walked in the last month and a half. Amazingly it was...wait for it... 141 miles!!!  Can you believe it?  I didn't, I had to do the calculations a couple of times before I was sure it was right.

When I went to my first support group I had lost about 6 pounds since my initial consultation.  I can't wait to see what the scale says says when I go back next week. Every little bit helps. and the more I can take off before surgery the better.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I was the same way, I never thought I would actually be able to get in 10,000 steps a day, but now I do it all the time! Good job!

    ReplyDelete