Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1.  5K is this weekend. I think I'm ready as I'll ever be.  My goal is to finish in under an hour.

2. I'm excited, but I'm also kind of bummed.  Mu husband is going out of town so he won't be at the finish to cheer me on.  I was ok cause I thought I had my team to support me.  Turns out my team isn't much of a team.  My instructor who asked me to join her team old me yesterday we probably won't see each other during the race as there are so many people, and she didn't seem interested in even trying to find each other.

3.  I will be so far out of my comfort zone, part of me just wants to skip the whole thing. Trying to push through and just do it.

4.  When it's almost 70 degrees it's hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit.  Cold front has moved in and we have snow flurries in the forecast. :)

5.  They are setting up for a party at work.  I'm happy about the party, just not all the noise they are creating while I'm trying to work.  Sound system checks all afternoon really?

6.  In two weeks I'll be at my mom's.  I can't wait.

7.  I didn't sign up for Z'z weight loss challenge, missed the deadline. I was sad, even more so since I've lost 2.8 pounds this past week.  I think that's the total I lost in the last challenge!

8.  Had Arby's for lunch.  I don't think that will happen again anytime soon.  Curly fries and my band didn't agree with each other.

9.  Last Derby Lite Class is next week.  I can't believe how far I've come in 13 weeks.  I can't wait until next session starts up.

10.  Only had one taker for a Christmas Card Exchange... anyone else up for it, let me know.


3 comments:

  1. You make sure you do your run. If you had someone with you may keep you moving too fast or hold you back. Think of it as your own time your own run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing the 5k. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    I signed up for my first one in April.(I must have had a concussion that day!

    I would do the Christmas exchange but my plate is so full right now I can't even breath!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 5k! That is incredible :) How did it feel? You are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete