Monday, March 25, 2013

Sidelined

After the last run I've had some pain in my right leg.  I tried to ignore it, but it was getting worse.  I talked to my trainer (after my workout, of course).  She said it sounds like shin splints.  I googled it and everything sounds like what I'm experiencing.  Trainer said to rest, and ice my leg.  So that's what I did all weekend long.  Skipped my runs/walks with the dogs and they are not happy. No Zumba either :( I did go shopping and walked around quite a bit, but nothing to strenuous.

So imagine my surprise when I tried on my size 16 (no W)  and they fit.  They are tight, but not obscene.  The only reason I tried them was that they were the only clean pants I had upstairs.  I am wearing a long top to cover the little muffin top I've got going on.

Did get a couple of good workouts sunday night and this morning shoveling snow... UGH!!!  I want it to be spring, unfortunately Mother Nature has other plans.  Was proactive last night and shoveled around 7:30 when we have 3-4 inched, then again and 9 when we had another 2-3.  This morning woke up to only another inch or two, but they had plowed the street, so had to shovel the heavy wet packed snow at the end of the driveway.  Hubby couldn't help as he was stranded in Baltimore.  He was supposed to fly back home yesterday, but got stuck at his layover.  I even shoveled out his car, what a good wife I am.

Leg is feeling better today, still have a little pain now and again.  I've signed up for a 5k this weekend.  Not sure if I'll do it, will wait and see as it gets closer.  Depends on the weather as well.  We didn't have this much snow when I did the 5ks in December!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 16 size. They will fit eventually and soon you'll be too big to wear them.

    I went from a 5x (size 34-36) last June 2012 to now a 16/18 or a size 1x. Slowly but surely :) Baby steps is what I keep saying to myself!

    Cheers to you and me :)
    Amy at http://bohemianburble.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete