Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Random Thoughts

Flew to my mom's again this weekend for her b-day party.  She was so surprised to see me.  Especially since I talked to her the day before and told her I wasn't coming since I had just been there two weeks ago.  She just stared at me and said "What are you doing here?" probably a dozen times.  I'm so glad I decided to go.

It was great to see all of my family.  Hadn't seen all the Aunts/Uncles together in years.  Had a great time at the party, did well with eating.  I tried everything I wanted to, eating a small amount and was satisfied.  Such a NSV for me. I just kept thinking how much I would have over eaten without the band.

I just wished I lived closer.  Currently about 12 hour drive or a 4-5 hour combination of flights.  But, both my hubby and myself have wonderful jobs that we wouldn't have if we lived closer.  Luckily we are in a position that we can fly home when/if we need to.

Stopped at the mall during the weekend.  Actually bought clothes in a "real" store, not the fat lady stores I've had to shop in.  Granted in was only Old Navy, and the sweater and shirt were both an XXL, but this is the first time I've shopped in a "real" store in YEARS.  Still a ways to go before I'm only in real stores, but a huge step for me.  I still felt like people were looking at me wondering what I was doing there.


2 comments:

  1. FUN!! I surprised my step-mom last month. Nothing better than seeing the shock and joy on their face. so glad you could make her day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Old Navy anything is wonderful! And I say just stare right back at 'em. Glad you enjoyed your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete